Monday, January 17, 2011

I Tripped!

You never see it coming.  That crack in the sidewalk.  The little stone on the path.  They are always there and always ready to trip you up.  The same goes for when you are undertaking a new long-term venture.  Little things pop-up and trip you.  I went out with some friends after a meeting this past Friday night and without thinking, decided I was going to have a chocolate shake.  I ordered it and it wasn't until I received it that I realized what I had done.  My commitment for this year was to avoid using cups from any outside sources (coffee shops, etc).

Did I beat myself up over this trip?  Nope.  I recognized that there is an area that I didn't consciously think about.  I moved on and continue with my commitment.  Have you ever tripped on a diet or exercise plan?  Did you let that install doubt about your plan.  Don't let that hinder you from reaching your goals.  Recognize and continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment